httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: IBM-ICS
Date Mon, 09 Feb 1998 08:06:32 GMT
First of all, even though I work at IBM, I'm not speaking for them
(and I should never be considered to be doing so from this address),
and I know as much about this server as you all do probably.

On Sun, Feb 08, 1998 at 03:21:30PM -0600, Randy Terbush wrote:
> Does anyone here know anything about this IBM server that seems
> to be popping up at a lot of busy websites?

As has been pointed out, IBM's Internet Connection Server. IBM's
running all the computer-related stuff for the Olympics, so guess
which server they'd choose. <g>

> HTTP/1.1 200 Document follows.
[snip]

Cool! What is that supposed to be? Well, it doesn't seem to do this on
a GET request:

GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 Document follows.
Server: IBM-ICS/4.2.1.7