httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: other/1774: problems applying mod_servlet_c.patch to mod_servlet.c (this latter file is part of JSDK 1.0.1)
Date Fri, 06 Feb 1998 03:28:18 GMT
On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> I would not be adverse to the java and perl projects using the same bug
> reporting system.  But it requires folks from those projects to be on
> apache-bugdb and to have editing rights to the bugdb.  I think it's
> reasonable for our users to expect to report a bug to bugs.apache.org when
> they get the code from {java,perl}.apache.org.

In principle this sounds reasonable.  But of course I have to ask how much
work we're asking our volunteers to take on...  I'll also forward this to
the Java-Apache project participants.

> From: Marc Slemko <marcs@worldgate.com>
> But they aren't.  This isn't for mod_jserv or whatever, this is for a
> patch on one server by someone else for a module made by someone else.
>
> If it was mod_jserv, I would leave it and let someone answer it.

mod_servlet was a sample Apache module included with earlier versions of
the Java Servlet Development Kit.  JavaSoft dropped the samples for all
servers when JSDK was rolled into JDK 1.2.  (They made a statement to the
effect that the samples got things rolling elsewhere and weren't needed
any more.)

Since mod_servlet isn't even supported by JavaSoft any more, questions
about it should be answered with a recommendation to upgrade to mod_jserv.
Refer them to http://java.apache.org/
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA