httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:12:02 GMT
This is my last post as well.

Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Jim, I would submit that you are writing without a clue on this issue.
> You don't know squat about how automake/autoconf works, and yet you are
> willing to compare it to Configure as if you do.  I can't force you to
> go out and learn how it works, but I can tell you what I know from using
> it on another project for more than a year now.  When you stop spouting
> nonsense based on nothing other than a poorly grounded imagination,
> I'll start listening to your opinion of autoconf as if it mattered.

Please reread my messages... My opinion has been totally, 100% based
on actual, real-world experience with autoconf/configure. Nope,
I don't know the nitty-gritty details on how every line of code
works nor do I want to, nor do I require that knowledge to have
an opinion. Instead, I have had countless times when ./configure
has caused me more hassle and headache than a simple commented
"configuration" file would have. This is fact. I've mentioned this
several times. Either you haven't bothered reading what I've said,
in which case I certainly can't force you to, or you have
chosen to bolster your argument by wrapping my arguments in lies
and falsehoods. Either way, it doesn't hold water. I would submit
that you don't have a clue what I've been saying, and the above
statements clearly show that.