httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Thu, 05 Feb 1998 05:38:03 GMT
(Off topic, I know...)

> FYI, it's in the latest development release (0.90)

Woohoo!!  (Wonder if they preserved my patch...)

> The mutt developers *really* hate code bloat. A good way to discredit
> a suggestion to then is to say that you got the idea from pine. <g>

Ah yes.. code bloat.. that was the excuse now that you mention it... Though
they never could explain to me how _5_ lines of _clean_ code could be
anything resembling 'code bloat'.

The next question is "have they fixed the locking"?  I never brought it
up, but having it stop and ask for my attention on the "could not get
dotlock, remove stale lock?" is _stupid_.  If you can't get the lock, you
can't get it and should fail out; or at least have it configurable.  I
leave my mail running 24x7 and this LOCKS UP mail delivery since while
it is waiting for you to respond to that question, MUTT is holding the
other 'kernel-lock'...  Duh...

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady