httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/bs2000 os.c
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 16:28:25 GMT
On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 01:45:13PM +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >   +#include "httpd.h"
> Hi Martin, is this really required? The os/* files should not need to know
> about Apache. They can then be used in other programs (e.g. htpasswd).

Hmm... I thought the EBCDIC port was "os specific" enough to be put into
os/ (the conversion stuff will hardly be used by anything else in ap).

OTOH, you're of course right, conversion is not really OS specific but
charset specific.  (Maybe ap/ isn't the right repository either and we
need another charset/ or nonascii/ subdirectory).

Is it important that this be resolved before 1.3b4?

> If
> there is something in the os dir that needs to know about httpd.h or any
> other Apache include file, it should probably be moved to the ap library
> instead....
A couple of days Ken complained when I used aplog_error() in one of the
ap/ files... Nowhere to run, nowhere to go...