httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: [BUG] with include paths and regex.h
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 09:31:17 GMT
On Tue, Feb 03, 1998 at 10:27:22PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Cool.  Then I'll commit them as soon as someone assures me of the
> right way to rename regex.h to hsregex.h.  How about copying
> regex.h,v to hsregex.h,v and then a cvs rm regex.h?  Will that
> be sufficient?  (I'm still fried..)

+0.7

It leaves us with the dupes for points-in-time before the copying, but
it preserves history. Actually, it would be best to remove all
APACHE_XXXX tags in the copied (hsregex.h) version. That would cause cvs
to skip it (I believe) for specific versions in the past: Then a

    cvs co -r APACHE_<tagname> apache-x.y

for a tag in the past would (I believe) only check out regex.h,
not hsregex.h.
Can anyone confirm/correct this?

Oh yeah, for past versions it could be useful to copy the
include/Attic/regex.c,v to regex/Attic/regex.c,v

    Martin