httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:48:35 GMT
On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 01:37:33AM -0700, Marc Slemko said:

> Hey, I have seen it take... at least a year to get a _one_ line patch
> into Apache.  <g>

Yeah, but you don't understand... :p  This was a five line patch to add
an OPTION to have the program BEEP when you it found new mail...  They
fought hard and long until I (ashamedly) backed down and decided that I
can just continue to add my 5 line patch as they release new releases;
it wasn't worth the time nor the effort...

Oh, and the reason they fought it was due to the fact that it wasn't
necessary as you could have a separate process beep you when you got
new mail.....  Sure, as if that makes any sense at all, why would I
want two processes checking for new mail...  But like I said, they
were pretty tight, and they were still in ALPHA at that time...

In fact, if I recall one of the apache developers was on that list...
I don't recall who though...  Hrmm..  Coincidence?

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady