httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:35:49 GMT
On Tue, Feb 03, 1998 at 09:38:57PM -0500, Cristian Gafton said:

> And as with any flame wars, it this autoconf debate will degenerate into
> an OS war if you - the apache project members - don't take a vote and
> settle this for good.

Funny, this is the first in this ENTIRE thread that I've heard any mention
of an OS war...  You're not trying to instigate are you?  You should pay
more attention to new-httpd, it can be informative as well as entertaining.

For example, tonight I go to check my new-httpd mailbox and see this huge
thread so I decided to check it out.  Rest assure that you have one person
standing beside you wishing for a dynamic-loading module with some of the
things you suggested; and I'm thankful for what you've done.  However,
you need to understand how the apache developers work, and this is how
they do it.

If you missed the whole slew of threads on the commit-then- review
discussion, then you missed the best of the year (and yes, 98 just
started!).  But through all the grenadges and tear gas, they forged
ahead.  Don't stay down just because someone pushed you.

(And if you want a real treat, try getting a +5 line patch applied to
the 'mutt' email client...  Now that's a TIGHT fisted development

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady

View raw message