httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_so committed (was Re: apache/linux modules)
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 13:01:55 GMT
To me, it's looking like there is still a lot we could do with 1.3.0.
Considering the fact that if you actually want to code it's either
the 1.3 tree or nothing, then the 1.3 tree will be getting more and
more use.

As far as I can see, this leads us to a couple of possible
directions:

  1. We stop development on 1.3 in order to release 1.3.0.
     We focus on 2.0.

  2. We continue development on 1.3, pushing 1.3.0 out "awhile"
     longer. After that point, we focus on 2.0.

  3. We stop development on 1.3 in order to release 1.3.0. We
     then start on 1.4 to add the "new features" that were held
     off in order to get 1.3.0 out as well as "focusing" on 2.0.
     (or, if you like, s/1.4/1.3.1/)

Nobody wants to throttle-down the coding, esp since now we have
c-t-r in effect. But unless there is some outlet for it other than
the 1.3 tree, #2 will happen by default.

So where do we go... and how do we get there?