httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main buff.c
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 12:31:20 GMT
>   Abstract read() and write() to the ap library to make it easier
>   to add in different types of read/write libraries in a central
>   location. This mainly keeps buff.c less messy with #ifdefs.

That's only half the truth. bwrite() uses writev() _a lot_ when it's
available so that should be added here too.

Try to draw a graph of the caller/called matrix of the various puts and
write routines (bputs, bwrite, bcwrite, write_it_all, writev_it_all...).
You'll see that the "lowest layer write" exists only in the comment, not
in reality.

    Martin