httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: apache-2.0 now clean
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 02:42:10 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Alexei and Marc think we only need some API
> changes and buff code, but that's because they haven't spent the past
> few years delaying HTTP fixes until a core rewrite can be done.
> Dean has a good plan for core process model abstraction, but no time
> to implement it; if he could just commit the design NOW so that we
> can all play with it, maybe one of the newbies will step forward and
> start turning it into a reality.  The same goes for Ralf's projects,
> the autoconf stuff, and a whole host of other things that have been
> waiting for a clean break from 1.x.

I'm 0 on the API stuff... I simply haven't dug deep enough to warrent
an opinion. :) I'll help implement it, but how it should look will
be up to others. I'm sure Alexei's implementation of HTTP/1.1 left
him with some ideas, esp wrt the current chunking code, etc...

Maybe I'll start a list in 2.0's STATUS of "stuff on the table" :)