httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 02:00:40 GMT
Cristian Gafton wrote:

> As you imagine, a badly written configure.in set can become scary... I am
> still not convinced, because the above line could have only two arguments.
>
> You'renot gonna make me stop by showing me a broken configure and telling
> me how hard is to work with...

The vast majority of projects using autoconf are just as "broken."
Saying "Oh yeah, well that's bad, but the problem is that the configure.in
is broken" doesn't alleviate any of that concern. My attitude against
autoconf was born out of years of having to deal with it and it being
more hassle that it was worth. Once we start living in a perfect world,
then I'll change my mind.