httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 00:44:25 GMT
When autoconf works, it does great; when it doesn't it's a major pain.

As an example, php3 uses autoconf. For reasons, I prefer php3 NOT
use GD and GDBM. However, what I must do is let ./configure do it's
work and then hand edit stuff to remove all traces of gdbm and
libgd in various places. Ugg. Not only that, but the command line
to run configure for my setup is ugly:

CC='gcc -D_POSIX_SOURCE' LIBS='-lposix -lbsd' ./configure \
   --with-apache=/staff/jim/src/CVS/apache-1.3/ \
   --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache/conf \
   --with-exec-dir=/usr/local/apache/php-bin \
   --enable-debug=no --enable-safe-mode=yes \
   --with-system-regex --disable-debug

This is easier?? :) :)