httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 01:21:11 GMT
Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > I've always tried to maintain Configure as having enough smarts to
> > make your life easier, but not enough to make your life tougher.
> > Whatever autoconf can do, we can do to Configure, and we can make it
> > work the way we want it... :)
>
> No doubt about that. But it is not "standard".
>
> Don't take me wrong: I don't give a damn about having autoconf in apache.
> All I care about now is having dynamic modules. But I say it would be nice
> to have it and I am offering as a volunteer to tryu to do it.
>
> Cristian

I would not support delay of 1.3 to get this added. It would obviously
also need to be useful for platforms other than just Linux.

Other than those reservations, it _might_ be a good thing. I share
Ken's concerns about supporting things like this. It could really
detract from the stability of a static server from my experiences
with mod_dld.