httpd-dev mailing list archives

From bh...@gensym.com (Ben Hyde)
Subject Help me? The build isn't working.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 1998 16:01:35 GMT

Trouble with the automated build, ever since the switch from apachen to
apache-1.3.  I presumed it was the ovious reason, but now that I've looked into
the matter an apparently this line is failing and I'm at a loss to see why.

For example if I do:

lynx -source http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/apache_19980202080021.tar.gz
   | gzip --decompress
   | tar -xvf -

The stuff fetched seems just fine, but $status afterwards is 32781
aka 1000000000001101.,  1101 is 13, or EACCESS.  The tar shows no
sign of permission troubles.

My automation packs it in if the status goes non-zero - so the build fails.

What adds to the perversity is that this happens only about 80% of the time.  So
I am getting builds from time to time.  Does anybody have a clever idea what I
might do to shake out this mystery?

  - ben h.