httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: InfoWorld article on Apache is up.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:22:53 GMT
On Monday, February 16, 1998 1:04 PM, Marc Slemko [SMTP:marcs@worldgate.com]
wrote:
> AHSP?  Hehe.  (Apache HTTP Server Project)

Cool! :-)

[snip]

> Funny how the biggest thing that any review of Apache under Unix whines
> about is no GUI, but they simply (fairly) mention it in passing!  And
> this is on NT!  Perhaps it really is true that NT people are getting
> sick of pathetic GUIs.

Actually, the reviews of Apache always seem to be in PC mags. Since they
are mostly Ziff-Davis (or C|Net), they whine because it doesn't have a Windows
GUI. I'm more impressed with InfoWorld for not really dwelling on this (and for
mentioning the OS/2 port, which ZD and friends always ignore).

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell