httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <>
Subject RE: HTTP-NG
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:26:49 GMT
On Tuesday, February 10, 1998 7:50 PM, Daniel Veillard
[] wrote:
> > All you have to do is make new protocol options in Apache and the freeware
> > Netscape, and send the URL for the specs to everyone... and W3C becomes
>    And you will get a Web working for only X% of the people connected.
> I want X to be 100 as much as possible, that's why I believe in standard
> body like IETF and W3C. It's obviously Ok for testing, but we want it
> to work, and for everybody, no ? So there is a time you have to discuss
> the spec and not just sent it saying "Here it is!". Otherwise you end-up
> with "This site designed for ..." kind of nonsense.

Which you have now. Both Netscape and Microsoft have moved beyond "tag of
the week" into different versions of Dynamic HTML. I'm current "developing" for
MSIE; it sure as hell won't work with Communicator.

The IETF isn't pay to play and doesn't DEMAND 50% of your time before they
will listen to you.

> > irrelevant.  It would be to their benefit to work with Apache.
>    Who said the opposite ? We just need a way to define reasonable
> relationship rules! This doesn't seems to be a simple task ...

Seems pretty simple to me. Pay $5K ($15K up front) then send someone
who can spend 50% of their time. Of course, that doesn't sound too reasonable
to me.

> Daniel

David D'Antonio CNE -
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell
  Some they will and some they won't and some it's just as well

View raw message