httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@individual.com>
Subject RE: W3C <-> Apache
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:22:09 GMT
On Tuesday, February 10, 1998 7:40 PM, Jim Jagielski [SMTP:jim@jaguNET.com]
wrote:
> David D'Antonio wrote:
> >
> > Ah! So you set the conditions that may well work for folks from large
> > corporations that pay the bucks to send folks dedicated to this work. I
> > worked for a company that produced a web server for NT; we couldn't afford
> > to pay money AND dedicate a person 1/2 time to do this stuff. How can The
> > Apache Group do so?
> >
> > Sure sounds elitist to me!
> >

> It also sounds like a clear indication that "they" have forgotten
> the roots of the 'Net. Instead of wanting dedicated web citizens,
> they prefer corporate suits and ponytails.

Hey, I've got a ponytail! And I even own a suit. :-)

But seriously, I would submit that the W3C has never known the roots of
the net. Its always been a "pay to play" organisation that declared that
IETF weren't the right folks to deal with the web.

The very idea that they don't want public input (but hey, they'll publish their
results when they are done!) shows this very clearly.

DDA

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.individual.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell