httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Robb <sr...@wisewire.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:19:51 GMT
> As for the reason, well, it is a bad idea to move to C++ (for all the
> reasons that have been discussed repeatedly over the last couple of
years)
> and even badder to then make use of C++ "features" to implement an API
> which we want to make available to all languages, including modules
which
> can still be written in C.

  Following this argument, it's bad to make use of C
"features" (pointers, pointers to functions, structures)
to implement an API you want to make available "to all
languages".  Yet that's just what the current API does,
and BASIC users be damned! :-)

  Making use of some of the features of C++ to make
development, maintenance and porting Apache easier, in my
mind, is reason enough to at least see if Apache++ can
perform on the same level as Apache. If it can, then making
use of the features of C++ is no different than using the
features of of C.

- Samrobb (srobb@wisewire.com)
- WiseWire Corporation - The Content Agent Company
- http://www.wisewire.com
- http://www.lycos.com/webguides/webguides.html

The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh.