httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Robb <sr...@wisewire.com>
Subject RE: Patch for Win32 CGI bugs
Date Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:45:23 GMT
> I'd like to know: do you have any reason to believe that this should
> have an impact on concurrent CGI, or was this just a wild guess?

Mostly a wild guess... which is why I listed it as
a possible fix and asked someone else if they'd
check it out.

  Before the changes, I was able (once) to get into
a situation that might have been a concurrent CGI
problem; but after looking at my logs, I wasn't sure
if that was the case.  After the changes, I was unable
to get a CGI-related hang from apache after about an
hour of fairly intensive testing.

  I wish I could give a more detailed analaysis than
"Hey, the docs say to do x before y, and when I fixed
things to do that, the bad stuff stopped."

- Samrobb (srobb@wisewire.com)
- WiseWire Corporation - The Content Agent Company
- http://www.wisewire.com
- http://www.lycos.com/webguides/webguides.html

The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh.