httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Comanche alpha
Date Sat, 31 Jan 1998 02:46:07 GMT
> Yes and no.  The web still sucks for stuff like that.  Making a useful
> web-based program is far harder than making a useful local program.
> Note that someone is working on a Java one.  Hmm.  Perhaps I should start
> playing with yet-another-thing-that-I-won't-finish to get into Java...

Looking at the snapshots of Comanche I don't really see anything in the
interface that couldn't be done with a bit of JavaScript and some fancy
HTML.  Wouldn't even need Java to achieve the same result.

Of course, I should install it and play with it to make further comments
on it.  Just can't see myself installing TCL/TK on this little Windows

View raw message