httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: IE4 HTTP/1.1 Chunking bug reincarnation?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 1998 05:25:14 GMT
> It also includes another little performance tweak based on looking at
> output from mod_php3.  If one of you fellows has the time, I'd love it if
> you could play with various LARGE_WRITE_THRESHOLD settings to see what
> value is good.  With the current apache cvs HEAD your module causes a
> bunch of small chunks, like size 7, 0x1c, 0xa, just way small.
>
> With the 31 setting I put into this patch it generates output in nice ~4k
> sized chunks.

Well, it is probably only the show_source() code that generates those
dinky little chunks.  That is the only place rputc() is really used.
Normal script output does not do this and I am not at all concerned about
performance of the show_source stuff.  That is mostly for debugging
anyway, and it certainly has been handy for finding chunking problems! ;)

-Rasmus