httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 1998 06:26:03 GMT
Ok, this is more than coincidence now.  Something really odd is happening
here.  I have now had more than 10 PHP3 users report exactly the same
symptoms.  When they compile Apache 1.3 by itself everything is fine.
When they compile it with PHP3 linked in, the server just sits there and
doesn't answer requests.  When they recompile Apache with
USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT defined and link in PHP3 everything is fine.

All reports have been from Solaris 2.5.1 users.

I don't understand this bit of the Apache code well enough.  What could I
possibly be doing in my module which would cause this?

Could it have something to do with using setitimer and getting SIGPROF
signals?  The problem seems to happen much too quickly for any of the
timers to actually go off, but could the mere presence of a signal handler
for SIGPROF or an active itimer be causing some problem here?

And why the heck is it only biting me on Solaris?

-Rasmus