httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: installshield
Date Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:05:19 GMT
> what is the status of the NT installer?  It would be nice to have it
> working better before the next release.
>
> Can I play with it?  What is the deal with the different versions of
> InstallShield?  What one is Ben using?  What is the one that comes with
> visual studio and how limited is it?
>
> Just don't want to see it last minute again...

Yeah, one would figure that creating an InstallShield script to copy a
couple of dll's, an executable and some html files somewhere would take a
reasonably intelligent person a couple of hours to figure out, right?

Well, I consider myself semi-intelligent and I spent a day on it and the
only thing I accomplished was to get frustrated enough that I put a hole
in my wall smashing my head against it.

-Rasmus