httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Upgrade of the SNMP module for Apache 1.2.5
Date Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:33:36 GMT
On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > core.  (Yup it would be so nice if we would abstract shared memory so you
> > don't have to do all the same crud we do.  A patch for that would be
> > awesome.)

> I keep thinking about this one - the problem is that we need something
> more than just a shared memory abstraction, don't we? Unless you happen
> to want to store something that's fixed length and one-per-process, that
> is.

I got as far as adding an extra struct to the module vector with allows
for the registry of a 'shared_len(0 | pid) and shared_ptr(0 | pid)'
function pointers.But unless you are a very displined programmer; it is
easy to abuse that interface and end up with a per-process/per-vhost type
of strorage which is sparsely used.

Dw.