httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: performance comparison
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 08:48:27 GMT
On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> What version of apache?  Have you played with the MaxClients settings?  I
> see 700 req/s and 4Mb/s across loopback with zb on a 6k file on a dual
> pentium pro 166 running linux 2.0.30.  That's with some of the tuning
> mentioned on the perf-tuning page.

We get about 520 req/second (with sensible .htaccess use) and widely
varying Mbits/sec on a production machine across an unloaded 100Mbit
interconnection between the boxes on a AMD-k6-200Mhz.

Hmm, how 'bout a simple benchmark people can run as a make test which
presents the results in an emailable form; based on say the output
of a static page test module ? I'd love to see the results for a fair
collection of machines. The attached module is what we use; simply
responds to the URL http://foo-bar.com/test?len=12334. We then
awk-feed the lenght's striped from a partial log file into a simple
HTTP1/1 fetch on a few machines.

Dw.

*** 826,19 ****

make test: httpd
	mv modules.c modules.c.old
	mv testmod.c modules.c
	$(CC) $(LFLAGS)  -o ../test/httpd $(OBJS) $(REGLIB) $(LIBS)
	cd ../test
	time ./httpd -d . > httpd.time 2>&1
	split -12 lenlog; ./forkfetch.pl 12 x*