httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Interesting problem! (fwd)
Date Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:25:02 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:46:13 -0500
From: Timothy Brown <tcb@star-nets.com>
To: bugs@apache.org
Subject: Interesting problem!

This was on:

SunOS arachnia.vec.net 5.6 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20

Problem:

VirtualHost directives don't seem to work correctly when not in conjunction
with a Listen directive.

The hardware has two interfaces; a FDDI interface running IP and an Ethernet
interface, also running IP.  I believe this may be where the problem lies.

Apache doesn't seem to want to listen to the addresses when not given a
listen directive.  The same problem occurs on Solaris 2.5.1.

Relevant sections of my httpd.conf:

Listen 208.133.32.175:80

<VirtualHost 208.133.32.175>
BindAddress 208.133.32.175
Port 80
ServerAdmin webmaster@star-nets.com
DocumentRoot /etc/apache/virtual/www.afrosex.com/www
ServerName www.afrosex.com
ErrorLog logs/www.afrosex.com-error_log
TransferLog logs/www.afrosex.com-access_log
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /htdocs/afrosex/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

Is this the correct behaviour?  Where should we be looking here?  At the OS
itself, or at Apache?

If any of you need an account on the admittedly non-production system to
test things out, let me know and I would be happy to supply you with one.

Thanks,
Timothy