httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: [contrib] gif89-expires-hack
Date Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:36:51 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This bug is still around in Mozilla/4.02.  Lame lame lame.

Idiots!.

Waaaay back, a netscape.com host blitz one of my servers with requests
from a 3.0 Mozilla (beta I think) for a banner ad. I blocked the host
and the owner was very nice about agreeing to make sure the developers
were told about the problem which I described correctly. Later I was
forwarded some internal netscape newsgroup exchanges where that same
person was insulting me for blocking him and encouraging someone else to
remove an IMDb link from the "what's cool" page.

I also sent a bug report through the usual channels. Clearly they
don't take bug reports seriously... I'm a "whiner" - their leaked
description.