httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Change
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 16:08:23 GMT
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> That doesn't solve anything because it just creates yet another tree,

doesn't it solve the problem of having to generate patches for people to
review and doesn't it solve the problem of the hassle of applying those
patches to complete the review ?

Some people want to commit then have their commits reviewed. Others want
to have commits reviewed first. Both sides get what they want, no ?

> someone these trees have to magically stay together.

perhaps the magic can be assigned to the release manager who keeps
the stable tree in-sync with what has been reviewed and approved.

The current cvs notification system generates the diffs that the RM
can use to bring the stable tree up to date.

I thought it solved various problems at the heart of the current
debate.