httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: Change
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 14:09:46 GMT

don't shoot me, but what about a CVS tree for commit-then-review
and one for review-then-commit ?

i.e. if I have a change I want people to review, I drop it into
the c-t-r, people review it (don't, complain or whatever) and then
it can be moved into the r-t-c tree later. The r-t-c tree can then
be viewed as "stable" and safe for semi-automatic tarballing for
release at any time. Developers would mostly use the c-t-r code,
new-httpd testers (and there are lots of them) would us the r-t-c
code.

This is similar to FreeBSD's -current and -stable except that they
let those two drift miles apart. If we can keep the two close together
(in content) then it could work.