httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject apache-1.2 surgery complete
Date Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:39:03 GMT
It's all done... and I did a whole whack of diffs along the way to make
sure I didn't screw it up.  Sorry about the .5Mb message to new-httpd,
there wasn't any way around that one.

To summarize what I did:

- I chopped off the main branch after the APACHE_1_2_0 branch point
- I deleted a bunch of files which had been added after the branch
- I checked out the HEAD of the new repository, which effectively
    was APACHE_1_2_0
- I did a "cvs update -jAPACHE_1_2_0 -jAPACHE_1_2_X" to merge in
    the APACHE_1_2_X branch.
- I committed that, which generated the .5Mb commit message.

Now apache-1.2's HEAD is the latest greatest 1.2.6-dev.

Folks with existing checked out copies can do a
"cvs update -A" to move off the branch onto the head.  It will look
like it's doing a lot of merging, but the diffs it's applying are
all nops.

Dean