httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject We'd like to donate a copy of WebTwin (fwd)
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:33:47 GMT
I was sent this message. It's about a program that converts a set of HTML
pages into a windows HLP file. The example shows the htdocs that come with
Apache done into a HLP -- it looks very nice. I think we could certainly
use this to get a really nice help file for windows users. While you could
argue that they don't need it, since the docs are there in HTML and
accessible as soon as the user gets Apache working, it would make Apache
seem a more natural Windows product, and of course give us something to
put on the installer menu, along with apache.exe. Plus people can read the
HLP file to find out how to configure Apache. On the downside the entire
htdocs directory turns into a 1Mb HLP file.

//pcs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 02:13:49 +0000
From: WebTwin Support <support@webtwin.com>
To: Paul Sutton <pcs@apache.org>
Subject: We'd like to donate a copy of WebTwin

Hello Paul,

I'm writing to you since you're listed on the Apache Web page as being the
'docs guy' :).

I'm the author of a program called 'WebTwin' (see http://www.webtwin.com).
WebTwin is designed to turn HTML documentation into WinHelp documentation.
In most cases it does a reasonable job of that.

Now that you've branched out into the Win32 world, having a WinHelp
version of the docs may be handy (especially since you can do global
searches). I downloaded the Apache docs and threw them at WebTwin and (on
my machine at least) it rips through it and produced a WinHelp file in 30
seconds flat. You can see the resulting help file by downloading

  http://www.webtwin.com/apachehlp.zip (330k).

Anyhow, to cut a long story short - I use Apache myself and appreciate it.
If you'd like a free copy (or copies) of WebTwin for use on the Apache
project just let me know and it'll be done.

regards,

-- Chris Cason