httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@eu.c2.net>
Subject Re: Win32 network glitch
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:51:51 GMT
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Nothing that you would normally see unless one client is making a lot of
> > requests to one server.
>
> I believe It's essentially a 15-bit counter that has to be wrapped around
> on the linux side, but I'm not sure.  Given that and the length of the
> test you could figure out how many r/s this amounts to.

Ah, well, I don't think I did more than about 10,000 requests against a
particular remote port on NT (I changed the server's listen port several
times to see if the problem with repeatable on a "fresh" port). I'll have
another go.

> One way around the problem would be to add some aliases to eth0 on the
> linux box and bind your client to multiple local addresses directly and
> use all the sockets in a round robin fashion.

Oh yeah, good idea. I'll try that. I guess I could also get Apache NT to
listen on multiple ports and cycle through them (although I deliberately
avoiding used multiple listens in my recent tests, to avoid any problems
related to that).

//pcs