httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <>
Subject Re: Apache RPM available to look at
Date Sun, 04 Jan 1998 16:52:53 GMT
On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Anthony Rumble wrote:
> If your going to build a binary RPM for apache, it would be a good idea to
> take advantage of Mr Sameer's mod_so module.

Well, I'd like to see mod_so included with the Apache distribution, as an
"experimental" module (for now). Being able to add third-party binary
modules at any time is a very nice feature. My patch to add a
"SharedModule" option to Configuration should also be committed (with
Martin's modication to make it work with older greps). All of this will
have absolutely no effect for people not using shared modules.

View raw message