httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Creating src/include in 1.3
Date Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:50:23 GMT
No copying or linking of *files* please!  Please link the entire directory
if you're going that route.

Look at the linux kernel for example:

include/asm-i386
include/asm-mips
include/asm-alpha

and then there's one symlink set up by the configuration script:

include/asm -> asm-i386

That way you can have hundreds of asm/.h files without having to symlink
every single one of them.

The arch specific .c/.S files are found in

arch/i386
arch/mips
arch/alpha

I suggest the same pattern for us.  Replace asm and arch with os.

Besides, we went to pains to get rid of the file symlinks previously.

Dean