httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject apache-1.2 rcsfile surgery
Date Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:51:17 GMT
I'd like to get rid of the branch in the 1.2 tree.  It's not very easy to
do complete surgery to make it appear as if the branch was never there...
but what I can do is this:

using rcs -o I can remove all the revisions after the branch, these are
actually part of apache-1.3 so they won't be lost.

Then I can merge the branch tip onto the main branch.

I'll leave the APACHE_1_2_X tag on the branch, because folks will need it
to get off of the branch.  You'll have to do "cvs update -A" if you've got
a checked out copy.

That will leave the tree with everything (from 1.2 and earlier) in it...
and will make it easier to checkout the tree.

Dean