httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Recent table struct change
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:25:04 GMT
This is a change that enforces the API the way it was supposed to be used.
I'm willing to back it out slightly... but now we've seen not only a few
core modules were broken, but so were mod_perl and php.  The reason for
making the change is that without it it's hard to use more sophisticated
structures for tables (and there's reason to believe this may be a
performance win, but we haven't found the right structure yet).  The API
had this in mind ages ago...  which is why there's the table_elts()
function.

The fix for your code is straight forward, and works for all versions of
apache:

Wherever you refer to t->elts, replace it with this:

    array_header *arr = table_elts(t);
    table_entry *elts = (table_entry *)arr->elts;

Wherever you refer to t->nelts, use arr->nelts.

Since this works with all versions of Apache (ok at least 1.2 and 1.3)
you don't need to conditionalize it, and so I don't think the MMN needs to
be bumped.

I'd like to see this code cleaned up in all modules, but will back out the
"opaqueness" part of the change if pushed hard.

Can someone suggest a good place to place these instructions?

Dean