httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Window's Makefiles
Date Sat, 24 Jan 1998 02:37:42 GMT

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> My impression is that nmake is just as powerful as make.

Oh it totally is, I'm certain it's posix compliant as well.  nmake is a
quality tool.

> In my shop we hold the build in pretty high reguard, since it is at
> the begining of a pipeline of automated testing, other projects
> that compile on top of it, and risk taking users.  That
> colors my thinking - may help explain why I realy realy want the
> makefiles kept in synch and functional.

Yup, this is what I'm more familiar with as well.  It's really nice to
know immediately that the build has failed, and to get regression feedback
a few hours later.

I think the fundamental operation that we need to have work is:  add a new
.c file to a directory.   I think the other operations are less
frequent... I could be wrong.

Dean