httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main conf.h
Date Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:41:43 GMT
When I timed it under linux it provided a tiny overall throughput
improvement (~1%), and a tiny (~100ms) average latency increase.  So I
haven't really bothered changing the default.  But that was on an SMP
linux box and I should really redo it on a UP box.

It's not a good idea on some sysvr4 derivatives.  Notably unixware,
there's a recent PR on this one... we need to add one of the serialization
directives still.

Dean