httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade of the SNMP module for Apache 1.2.5
Date Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:40:26 GMT
I don't think so... what I'm imagining is just a function
ap_shared_alloc(pool *p, size_t size) which is called only during init and
returns a pointer to a piece of shared memory of size size, with cleanup
in pool p.  It should return a pointer to an ap_shared_t.  Something
like:

typedef struct {
    void *mem;	/* offset of first byte */
    /* possibly other stuff which is not part of the public interface */
    /* such as int fd; for the file version */
} ap_shared_t;

Each allocation would call shmget() or mmap() or whatever... so we'd
actually have multiple segments.  The core would use this to allocate the
scoreboard.

To support file-based "shared" mem you'd need
ap_shared_get(ap_shared_t, size_t offset, size_t len) which re-reads
the len bytes at offset.  And ap_shared_put() which re-writes them.
These should be macro'd to nothing for the non-file case.

Dean