httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: rlimits support for suexec
Date Tue, 13 Jan 1998 05:55:40 GMT
I'm not sure if Solar Designer is on the list.

Apache 1.2 doesn't support rlimits under Linux 'cause I didn't notice
until well after feature freeze that nobody decided to #define
HAVE_RESOURCE_H or whatever it is that's required to enable the rlimits
under linux ...  Apache 1.3 has the RLimit commands for linux.  Not sure
if they apply to suexec'd stuff however.

One thing to watch out for under Linux 2.x is that RLIMIT_DATA does not do
what's expected... it controls only brk()/sbrk() allocations.  RLIMIT_AS
is the way to limit the entire address space (and I think this is
sanctioned by Single Unix these days).

Dean