httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: The Apache Group's 1st order of business
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:25:52 GMT

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> Are we carrying all the cvs history into 2.0? I'd rather propose to make
> a "clean import" from a 1.3.0 tree. That makes it much easier for
> "us here at the other side of the pond" to fetch a complete CVS archive
> (it's -what? 7 MB(?) already -- oh! it's vanished from /from-cvs/!)

:(

While I completely sympathize with the slow link thing... can you use
cvsup to help the process?  I'm a huge fan of having the history in all
files and not having to dig into another repository.  There's been many
times when I've wondered "why the heck is this line the way it is?"  Then
"cvs annotate" tells me what rev to start looking at... and that won't
work as easily without a full repository.

Dean