httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: and while I'm pissing people off (fwd)
Date Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:06:14 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:

> Let's choose our language very carefully here.  Say rather that you
> 'accept the patch for consideration but cannot include it in the released
> code'.  There's an almost-empty apply-to heiracrchy at ftp.apache.org.  At
> a minimum, your users deserve a note thanking the submitter and having
> their patch placed there.  The Group must encourage new submitters to,
> first, submit and, second, work on the development tree if they're adding
> features.

Are you volunteering to maintain a contrib site?

We do send notes, especially to those that that are submitted as PRs we
put them in the suspended state with a note saying we're in feature
freeze.  But I don't see our behaviour on new-httpd as much different than
say the behaviour on linux-kernel when patches are posted... Linus doesn't
include everything, and he frequently misses things.

Dean