httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Where to now
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:16:02 GMT
I'm sorry if it sounds that way, that's not it at all.  What bothers me is
the extra time I have to expend on each commit.  This means that I spend
less time doing small commits (i.e. small platform tweaks from the bugdb,
or small performance tweaks I see just as I'm reading the code) because
there's a threshold below which the effort spent preparing a
"presentation" of the patch here just isn't worth it.

And on large commits the effort becomes wasted because folks have a hard
time grappling with a large commit and then it falls behind because other
commits sneak in before it, requiring extra effort to get it in.

It's only the mid size stuff that's reasonable...

and I find this state deplorable.

Dean