httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Intel Port & Release Process
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:12:20 GMT
It does, it's just hard to say that across multiple files unless you also
tag each commit... but tagging is not a scalable thing.  The apache-cvs
mechanism makes it really easy to back out commits, making tags somewhat
unnecessary.

A single file is trivial, Rasmus mentioned it but didn't give the
commands:

    cvs log foobar
    cvs update -r 1.second-to-last -p foobar >foobar
    cvs commit foobar

And in some cases you may want to "cvs diff -u -D 'a week ago'" to see
just what's up.  You can make a patch this way and reverse it easily.

cvs can't be told to just remove A, B, and C because B and C may overlap and
it just won't know what to do.  Humans have to help.

Dean