httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: Where to now
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 20:48:49 GMT

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> OK... Everyone agrees that changes need to be made. Right now
> people are talking review-then-commit and commit-then-review as
> if they are the only options.
> Since many people are more upset but the fact that the current
> review-then-commit process requires votes, why not go with
> something we already have in place, and one which we feel
> comfortable with, one which addresses concerns: Lazy Voting

Lazy Voting requires just as much extra work on the part of the patch
writer.  And since Lazy Voting essentially means apathetic voting that
work is wasted.  i.e. why should I be motivated to post a patch if I know
I can just commit the sucker in 48 hours anyway regardless of whether
someone reads it?  Why don't I just commit it and let them read the diff
and "cvs update" their code and test it right away easily?

>From my point of view lazy voting and voting are the same.

View raw message