httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: performance comparison
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 09:04:53 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Hmm, how 'bout a simple benchmark people can run as a make test which
> presents the results in an emailable form; based on say the output
> of a static page test module ?

Only problem with the module you sent is that it's not a static page
test... that's a dynamic page test.  static pages are mmap()d and much
larger segments are passed to write().  The results from your module would
be pessimistic.  I much prefer the tests which include a bunch of on-disk
files that get requested according to some weighting.

Dean