httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: performance comparison
Date Wed, 07 Jan 1998 00:29:10 GMT
If you could give that a whirl with 1.3b3 it'd be great... 1.3b3 should
show an improvement on static sites.  Even for HTTP/1.1 pipelining clients
you should see an improvement... unless you've hit your network bandwidth
already :)  Oh wait, 800kb/s eh?  Well I guess you're just about at limit
anyhow.

I can just picture the code now going crazy assembling writev()s and
mmap()ing files.  I should download the most recent version of your robot
someday and make sure 1.3 is assembling writev()s properly for pipelined
clients.  Can you send me a link?

Dean