httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: do we release what we have or reroll?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 1998 05:22:15 GMT
Leave it and let's do a 1.2.6 in a couple weeks.  I will bring out my 1.2
STATUS file again and put it into the 1.2 tree and autopost it here.  I
don't want to put a lot of effort into maintaining 1.2, but we do have a
few glaring bugs.

If we're lucky we'll have a half dozen more DoS attacks pointed out, and
someone else will find security holes for us and what not.  :)

It would be nice if we could have a modified voting procedure that allowed
a stable release to actually make progress.  I've offered to do 1.2
maintenance a few times and I'm usually met with resistance because people
want us to focus all our energy on 1.3 (or 2.0 or whatever).  But I
actually would really like to have a stable version that has regular
maintenance updates.  In many cases the patches I'm thinking about for
1.2.6 are already in 1.3 and well tested.

Dean