httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory A Lundberg <lundb...@vr.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 02:50:28 GMT
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Rob Hartill wrote:

> e.g.  2 months after 1.3 we could release 1.4. Common sense means you
> don't throw a big change in a week before a release (unless it's #ifdef'ed
> out by default).
>
> These long beta cycles are failing miserably IMO.

A good middle-ground would be a cron to roll a tarball, say weekly, of the
current development tree.  That'd allow those of us who aren't ready yet
to grab cvs directly to begin playing earlier with the committed patches
and probably reduce the bandwidth requirements for the site (I'm assuming
ftp'ing a tarball uses less bandwidth than cvs).

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: lundberg@vr.net [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653